Huntley’s culture of academic excellence makes us a leader in independent education in New Zealand. Our academic approach includes a flexible curriculum that reflects our changing society and caters to the needs of individual students. We focus on cementing basic learning skills among students integrated with 21st century learning. Some of the features of the Huntley education are:
- Specialist teachers in Music, Technology and Science
- An emphasis on literacy and numeracy. Over 50% of lessons are in these two core subjects
- Small classes; fewer than 22 students
- Supervised homework (prep) each week night
- Academic extension programmes where appropriate
- Academic support for those students requiring extra help with their studies.
- All students study art, technology and woodwork classes taught by specialist teachers.